Are you banned? Problems registering?

Are you banned, but don't think you did wrong? Are you having problems registering? Read this post first. If you still have questions, contact forum staff at staff (at) skyscrapersim (dot) com to get help.

Author Topic: Random synthesized fire alarm  (Read 117 times)

Offline cheapie

• Meow!
    • Cheapie Systems
Random synthesized fire alarm
« on: August 22, 2018, 06:06:17 PM »
I was working on a project that needed a fire alarm sound effect, and I was a bit worried about possible, albeit unlikely, copyright issues if I was to use a recording of the sound a real alarm makes. So, I made my own to avoid that issue, and I'm posting it here as well in hopes that maybe someone will find it useful. You can use them for whatever you want, consider them to be public domain or an equivalent license such as CC0 or WTFPL.

Opus version (smaller) and WAV version (in case you can't play Opus) are both attached.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 06:08:12 PM by cheapie » »

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• ZZ9 Productions
  • Powered by KONE 375LCECPU40 logic
    • My YouTube channel - Skyscrapersim, Elevators & More!
Re: Random synthesized fire alarm
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 11:45:27 AM »
I've never seen an OPUS file before. Is that based on a more well-known codec or is their only one specific program that can read that type of file?
- ZZ9 ;)
Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlphaYouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions
ZZ9: An elevator enthusiast from Scotland!

My top 3 elevator companies:-
  • KONE & Schindler joint 1st
  • Otis
  • ThyssenKrupp

Feel free to give me feedback on my buildings and my YouTube channel! ;D

Quote from: cheapie
1st rule of real life: Anything can happen. It doesn't have to make sense.

Random lift voice of the day: "THis LIft is OUT OF Service, Please Use Next Lift"

Offline cheapie

• Meow!
    • Cheapie Systems
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 05:05:29 PM »
I've never seen an OPUS file before. Is that based on a more well-known codec or is their only one specific program that can read that type of file?

Opus is a standard codec, intended to be the successor to Vorbis. It's a free standard and everything, but not very widely supported yet because it's fairly new. Some players, including VLC and anything based around a recent version of FFmpeg, can read these files fine. It does manage to compress very well, though, as with most music very good quality can be reached around 64kb/s and effectively perfect at 128kb/s, and it even manages to beat AAC in certain tests.

Offline NewEnglandElevators

• Global Moderator
  • Happy 9th Anniversary, Skyscraper Sim Forum!
    • My YouTube Channel! More & More Elevators
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 10:17:41 PM »
Sounds good!

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• ZZ9 Productions