Are you banned? Problems registering?

Are you banned, but don't think you did wrong? Are you having problems registering? Read this post first. If you still have questions, contact forum staff at staff (at) skyscrapersim (dot) com to get help.

Author Topic: Different height doors on cars than floors and other way.  (Read 82 times)

Offline jdtaylor

Different height doors on cars than floors and other way.
« on: August 07, 2018, 09:11:57 AM »
I've not seen many of these lifts where the car doors are taller than the floor doors, and the other way around. Are there many buildings like this, as I can't think of many if any. I don't know if this is because it's not supported or been tested?

Offline Kan

Re: Different height doors on cars than floors and other way.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 09:48:05 AM »
I think it depends on the building's floor height. For example, in some parking garages, shaft doors on some floors can be shorter than the car doors due to the floors' ceiling height. In Skyscraper, elevators with different shaft doors' and car doors' height can be created if their heights are specified differently, although this hasn't been created before.

(Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Offline Test Tower

• Global Moderator
  • ^ Otis 2000
    • Skyscraper Stuff by Test Tower
Re: Different height doors on cars than floors and other way.
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 11:06:09 AM »
I think it depends on the building's floor height. For example, in some parking garages, shaft doors on some floors can be shorter than the car doors due to the floors' ceiling height. In Skyscraper, elevators with different shaft doors' and car doors' height can be created if their heights are specified differently, although this hasn't been created before.

(Please correct me if I'm wrong.)
Exactly, the height of the floor is the reason which the landing door is lower than the car door.
https://www.facebook.com/hkelev/posts/1250169661682455