Are you banned? Problems registering?

Are you banned, but don't think you did wrong? Are you having problems registering? Read this post first. If you still have questions, contact forum staff at staff (at) skyscrapersim (dot) com to get help.

Author Topic: YT Idea - Interactive Lift Simulators (OPINIONS WANTED)  (Read 128 times)

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• ZZ9 Productions
  • Powered by KONE 375LCECPU40 logic
    • My YouTube channel - Skyscrapersim, Elevators & More!
YT Idea - Interactive Lift Simulators (OPINIONS WANTED)
« on: July 28, 2018, 02:40:53 PM »
Drawing on the idea Beno had when he made his 1990s Stannah interactive simulator approx 9 years ago, I'm thinking of doing something similar, but with much more features that will be explained below.

[SIMULATOR PLANS]
You start in a welcome video where you will be introduced to a quick guide on how the simulators will work, then at the end of the video the endscreen buttons for up to 4 simulators per welcome video will appear (the welcome videos will act like servers/hubs for each 4 simulators). You can then choose which simulator to enter. Now, depending on how youtube will work, the "components of the simulator" (explained below) will either be unlisted or public, I want to have them unlisted to make it seem like actual servers but if the endscreen will not work with that the "components" will be public.
Components = each video that makes up the simulator i.e. every possible journey the elevator can take from any floor.
After picking a simulator, you will be directed to an intro for that lift, which will basically be a round trip to familiarise yourself with the elevator. After the round trip, you will be prompted to select a floor using endscreen buttons, or you can hit the door close button to "exit the simulator". Exiting the simulator will mean you will watch the doors close then you will be able to choose another simulator if you want. You will be able to "exit" the simulator you are on after any journey, and also choose any floor that the lift serves. If you prefer to choose the simulator from the welcome hub, then the button for that will be available, along with the buttons for the other simulators on the relevant hub.
Due to endscreen restrictions there will be only 4 elevators per hub and either 3 or 4 floors per simulator. On simulators without a door close button the alarm button will be the "exit" button.

Hopefully I've explained this well and let me know what you think of the idea! If I get to a particular lift soon then I will be making one of these simulators of that lift. NOTE: Video notices will be uploaded when a new simulator is added to a welcome hub video.
- ZZ9 ;)
Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlphaYouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions
I have a fictional elevator company! I have made a building which has all my own brand of elevators in it.

My top 3 elevator companies:-
  • KONE & Schindler joint 1st
  • Otis
  • ThyssenKrupp

Feel free to give me feedback on my buildings and my YouTube channel! ;D

Quote from: cheapie
1st rule of real life: Anything can happen. It doesn't have to make sense.

Random lift voice of the day: "Please stay calm, help is coming, Please stay calm, help is coming, Please stay calm, help is coming, Please stay calm, help is coming.."

Offline Kan

Re: YT Idea - Interactive Lift Simulators (OPINIONS WANTED)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 08:41:06 PM »
Good idea, but it can take a long time to make the videos, though.

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• ZZ9 Productions
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 05:23:21 AM »
Good idea, but it can take a long time to make the videos, though.
It'll mostly be the uploading that will take the time. The "welcome hub" video can be done entirely through the video editor and then each "component" of the sim will only be about 40 seconds max. And that's another reason why the max. floor count is limited to 4, so that i don't have to make too many "component" videos.
- ZZ9 ;)
Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlphaYouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions
I have a fictional elevator company! I have made a building which has all my own brand of elevators in it.

• Otis
  • ThyssenKrupp

Random lift voice of the day: "Please stay calm, help is coming, Please stay calm, help is coming, Please stay calm, help is coming, Please stay calm, help is coming.."

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• ZZ9 Productions
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 03:38:06 PM »
UPDATE ON PLANS FOR THIS YT SIMULATOR IDEA
The first one of these will be a Skyscrapersim version due to not yet getting to the real-life lifts I want to try this out on. The "components" have all been recorded, 5 of them need to be edited with either text or a prompt to return to the hub (after "exiting" the simulator). If all goes well the various clips will be uploaded soon and only the lift-sim hub and entry video for the simulator will be left public (The "entry" clip for the simulator will be left public to attract more attention to that simulator, and possibly other future simulators to be uploaded. The entry simulator being made public will also allow for an easy way to notify people of a new lift-sim being uploaded.).
There will be a scheduled release date for this first simulator soon.
- ZZ9 ;)

• Otis
  • ThyssenKrupp

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• ZZ9 Productions