Are you banned? Problems registering?

Are you banned, but don't think you did wrong? Are you having problems registering? Read this post first. If you still have questions, contact forum staff at staff (at) skyscrapersim (dot) com to get help.

Author Topic: TO RYAN- please read.....  (Read 381 times)

Offline SHADYWOOD79

• Administrator
  • 9 Full Years on the Forum!
TO RYAN- please read.....
« on: April 28, 2018, 10:16:15 PM »
Ryan-

Many years ago you created something brilliant that changed a lot of lives, afterwards you created a forum where people with the same interests could congregate and build relationships with one another...... Over the years this project became more known, more elaborate and more amazing.

The way everyone worked together towards the common goal was nothing like i have ever seen, all of a sudden the project took off to levels we didnt think we could reach....and we did it together!

On April 15th when the project disappeared we were shocked, not because something happened but more shocked because maybe you feel you can't come to us for help to fix the problem.....see Ryan, nothing on this project was done alone for very long, so why should you have to? All of us are willing to fight to keep something we love, that includes you....we love the fact we can call you the creator of this project, but don't forget we also call you our friend. Maybe i need to step out of my screen name and speak to you "Dave" to "Ryan"so you can begin to trust that we want to put our heads together & figure out anything we have to , no matter how long it takes to result in what everyone wants back...our project.

We need one thing from you though- we NEED to know as people who are just as invested in this journey the following:

What is the future of our project?
     What specifically led to our failure?
     What can we do to help YOU so you aren't going through this alone?

Talk to us, come to discord, reply to our post, text me.....do anything

Your FRIEND,

Dave

...and the entire SSF member group
I've been a member since the very start-- 9 full years ago-- to enjoy the simulator & the talent that is behind the buildings created here. :).  I always read every post and am the Forum Co- Administrator ....we're here to assist you

Offline gooper1

• The Otis Fan
Re: TO RYAN- please read.....
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 10:42:34 PM »
Hi Ryan,

I've been on this forum since 2011, and you know me well from our time as staff together from 2012 through 2017.

I was very disappointed to hear that on April 15th, the Skyscraper project had suddenly gone off the air. At the time, I was hoping it was merely down for maintenance or there were issues on the server which would hopefully be resolved soon. However, it has become clear to me that this project has been cast into an uncertain future.

As Dave has stated in his letter to you, this forum has been a great center of collaboration and working together to achieve a common goal of a functional building simulator. I sincerely hope that it can continue in that role in the future.

In order for the future of the project to be known, we need to know your input. Like Dave said, we all have the same three questions we'd like to ask you. We want to make sure that whatever you are going through, you have 941 members behind you who have your back at all times. I know that as a forum, we can get through this, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Whatever you decide, if you want our help, we will not let you down. We would like you to join the SSF Discord chat and keep in touch with several of our members. Hopefully, together we can get through this tough time.

-gooper1

Co-Administrator, 2012-2017
Member, 2011-present
Check out our new forum Discord chat!

G1DP      Lumo Center (now a part of June's IP)      Content requests thread (CLOSED)

Any questions, comments, or concerns? Contact me via Discord (fastest), PM, or email.

Offline eventhorizon

• Administrator
    • The Skyscraper Project
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 11:21:49 PM »
     What is the future of our project?
     What specifically led to our failure?
     What can we do to help YOU so you aren't going through this alone?

For 1, I don't know at this point.  I want to continue the work on it badly, but due to stuff that happened, that's been cast into doubt.  I'm glad that you consider it "our" project, since I don't feel so alone then.
Nothing led to your failure as admins or members, it was really just me who's the failure.  This is a big project and I understand that it's not just me who's involved, part of the agony with me was the content people have created for it, that has been mainly on the forum over the years.
I don't really know how you can help me at this point, but mainly by being supportive of me during what's become the worst period of my life.
I can elaborate on those if you need.  Thanks.

Offline SHADYWOOD79

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 11:23:42 PM »
Ryan- If you are comfortable elaborating we want to know what occurred....you say we cant help you but maybe talking about it may relieve some of the stress and it will help us understand what it is  as well so we arent thinking of different ways to contact you in which im sure you are sick of
I've been a member since the very start-- 9 full years ago-- to enjoy the simulator & the talent that is behind the buildings created here. :).  I always read every post and am the Forum Co- Administrator ....we're here to assist you

Offline rsdworker

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 11:40:27 PM »
i am here for you - i will help out if you ever need - eg more content and such
you have to try be best for us so i am glad you are back

Offline Elevatordude6

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 01:24:04 AM »
I am glad that this site is back online. I still not sure why its was offline.

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• ZZ9 Productions
  • Powered by KONE 375LCECPU40 logic
    • My YouTube channel - Skyscrapersim, Elevators & More!
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 04:32:32 AM »
I don't really know how you can help me at this point, but mainly by being supportive of me during what's become the worst period of my life.
We're all here for you and we will all be supportive of you through this time and beyond. :)
(And we have all been supportive of you in the past as well just in case anyone reads the above line and makes assumptions)
- ZZ9 ;)
Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlphaYouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions
I have a fictional elevator company! I have made a building which has all my own brand of elevators in it.

My top 3 elevator companies:-
  • KONE & Schindler joint 1st
  • Otis
  • ThyssenKrupp

Feel free to give me feedback on my buildings and my YouTube channel! ;D

Quote from: cheapie
1st rule of real life: Anything can happen. It doesn't have to make sense.

Random lift voice of the day: "Doors closing, PUSH THE ALARM BUTTON, Out Of Order"

Offline Kan

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2018, 05:34:39 AM »
It's good that this forum is back active again. At first, I was also thinking that this forum was only inactive temporarily but I was feared that something bad happened to the simulator when I saw that the Wikipedia page was edited to say "inactive." Luckily that this forum can be back active again.

I do admit that I may not be active as much as I did during 2010-2011 due to being more busy, but I will try to make new buildings and content if I can.

Offline TheOpAlexGuy

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2018, 08:43:35 AM »
im... actually crying... wow...

Offline SHADYWOOD79

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2018, 08:46:44 AM »
im... actually crying... wow...
We have a bright future.....

Offline TheOpAlexGuy

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2018, 09:52:11 AM »
hopefully

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• ZZ9 Productions