Are you banned? Problems registering?

Are you banned, but don't think you did wrong? Are you having problems registering? Read this post first. If you still have questions, contact forum staff at staff (at) skyscrapersim (dot) com to get help.

Author Topic: the anime1 "triton center" revamp  (Read 1385 times)

Offline anime1

the anime1 "triton center" revamp
« on: March 31, 2018, 08:07:31 PM »
it has been WAY too long since I worked on this.  going to finally get this project completed and posted for people!

(transferring info from old post with specs)

This is the Triton Center that EventHorizon first designed, plus the idea of Triton Complex that I created (only, I have cleaned up the original code some, changed the heights, sizes and elevator specs around, and can actually UNDERSTAND my coding, unlike what I did with Triton Complex).

Okay, so here we go.  Triton Center 2, which includes an extension to the west for management offices and conference/event center.

Specs so far:
8 expanded sublevels, ground floor + 143 (tower) / + 14 (extension) levels

Common (SL-LL1): 2 shopping levels, 5 parking levels, sizable two-story underground dock, 1 service/utility level.
Tower (L-143): 4 Lobbies (one full two-story, three partial), 74 office levels (one partial), 4 service levels, 19 hotel levels, 28 residential levels, 6 other levels (pool, kitchen, ballroom, food, observation), 10 utility levels.
Extension (L-14): 7 partial lobbies (various heights), 1 office level, 3 service levels (one mixed use), 9 event levels (two upper sections), 2 utility levels.
Shafts: 54
Elevators: 90
Stairs: 9 (not including roof, penthouse, ballroom) (tower has shared sections)
Blocks used: 2
Tunnels: 3
Skyways: 2

Even though the basic shape of the tower remains unchanged, the interior walls are being completely redone, either in placement and/or appearance.  Machine rooms for the elevators are now present.  While not as high, the footprint for the extension is larger, meaning the Daley office building is gone.  The north and east plazas still exist.  The extension exterior does not match the main lobby portion of the tower, mostly because it is not meant to be as fancy.

The complex now uses smart elevator technology for the motors (simply put, no longer has to level out elevators and able to select from four preset speeds).  Shaft doors now have a general overlay on the doors to identify what that elevator is and to define where it goes to (to help people not get confused and locate the correct elevator).

Unlike with Triton Complex, there is no longer a complex code for the elevator ID.  The elevator number is as it appears in the system, with the name stating what the elevator is with the number for that banks' order.

I am roughly 100% done with the coding so far.  Basic room layout will be included, but in the end the tenant decides the true layout, of course.

Elevators: 100%
Stairwells: 100%
Floors: 100%
Exterior: 100%
Parking/Dock/Utility rooms: 100%

Green - done/unknown
Blue - working
Red - holding

Signs made: 100%
Devices made: 100%
Signage/devices inserted: 100%

Testing/Checking: 100%

Eventually, I will be including a file that explains all the features (even ones not actively working yet) so people can get a feeling as to my intentions and know how to use features. (100%)

Edit: original file has a bug in one of the banks where floor 40 didn't work.  updated file should go in the "buildings" folder
Edit 2: another error thought to have been fixed with another elevator bank.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 12:15:08 AM by anime1 » »

Offline SHADYWOOD79

• Administrator
  • 9 Full Years on the Forum!
Re: the anime1 "triton center" revamp
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 10:49:30 PM »
Nice!....good to see youre back to creating awesome things
I've been a member since the very start-- 9 full years ago-- to enjoy the simulator & the talent that is behind the buildings created here. :).  I always read every post and am the Forum Co- Administrator ....we're here to assist you

Offline gooper1

• The Otis Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 08:50:56 PM »
Great! I loved your buildings, which were certainly up there as the best ever made. Hopefully this is going to be great like your other projects.
Check out our new forum Discord chat!

G1DP      Lumo Center (now a part of June's IP)      Content requests thread (CLOSED)

Any questions, comments, or concerns? Contact me via Discord (fastest), PM, or email.

Offline anime1

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 09:50:33 PM »
just a quick exterior photo of outside

on the right, the original building
on the left, the extension (conference center)

the little item on the lower right...is a stairwell

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• ZZ9 Productions
  • Powered by KONE 375LCECPU40 logic
    • My YouTube channel - Skyscrapersim, Elevators & More!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 03:12:44 PM »
just a quick exterior photo of outside

on the right, the original building
on the left, the extension (conference center)

the little item on the lower right...is a stairwell
I'm guessing the stairwell either goes to the lower levels and car parks, or to a tunnel between the two sections.
- ZZ9 ;)
Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlphaYouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions
I have a fictional elevator company! I have made a building which has all my own brand of elevators in it.

My top 3 elevator companies:-
  • KONE & Schindler joint 1st
  • Otis
  • ThyssenKrupp

Feel free to give me feedback on my buildings and my YouTube channel! ;D

Quote from: cheapie
1st rule of real life: Anything can happen. It doesn't have to make sense.

Random lift voice of the day: "Please stay calm, help is coming, Please stay calm, help is coming, Please stay calm, help is coming, Please stay calm, help is coming.."

Offline anime1

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 06:52:39 PM »
lower levels...in case of a fire, of course

Offline NewEnglandElevators

• Global Moderator
  • Happy 9th Anniversary, Skyscraper Sim Forum!
    • My YouTube Channel! More & More Elevators
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 09:08:13 PM »
Glad to see you back creating new content. I loved the Triton Complex, glad to see there's a new version. I'm excited to see what new features of Skyscraper that you decide to take advantage of (if you decide to to any).

Offline anime1

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 10:27:16 PM »
Glad to see you back creating new content. I loved the Triton Complex, glad to see there's a new version. I'm excited to see what new features of Skyscraper that you decide to take advantage of (if you decide to to any).

it gets a little better.
because I was smart enough to save the design intensive control panels in other files as well, I can cut down drastically on the re-coding of those sections (like indicator panels and working controls).  I still have to redo the non functional panels, but when you have to program in 90 directional and floor indicators, then make sure they line up in the right spot, then get them in just the right order while trying to keep track of the positions...THEN write out the coding for the controls in the right order, get them grouped, and make sure the right texture shows up at the right time...
well, that took roughly 30 hours the first time.  now, all I have to do is insert the code into the main file and double check the global positioning.  maybe 5 minutes of work at most.

Offline SHADYWOOD79

• Administrator
  • 9 Full Years on the Forum!
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 10:30:38 PM »
....Can't wait to see it :)
I've been a member since the very start-- 9 full years ago-- to enjoy the simulator & the talent that is behind the buildings created here. :).  I always read every post and am the Forum Co- Administrator ....we're here to assist you

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• ZZ9 Productions