Are you banned? Problems registering?

Are you banned, but don't think you did wrong? Are you having problems registering? Read this post first. If you still have questions, contact forum staff at staff (at) skyscrapersim (dot) com to get help.

Author Topic: hyundai elevator falling down  (Read 491 times)

Offline ecolortest

hyundai elevator falling down
« on: March 13, 2018, 06:38:43 AM »
Warning: The content of the video is real not CG Animation or fake, so please look the video that is real inccident, dont send fake thinks

Hyundai elevator is falling down at indonesia cause the elevator is too old (90s hyundai)

« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 05:41:55 AM by ecolortest » »

Offline Clément 2000

• --> MY WEBSITE HERE <--
Re: hyundai elevator falling down
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 08:04:06 AM »
It's strange because the lift is not broken and light still work. But it's possible !
Hopefully they all survived...
Quote (selected)
Rien ne se perds, rien ne se crée, tout se transforme. (Nothing gets created, nothing gets lost, everything gets transformed.)
From Lavoisier

OLD LIFTS ARE COOL   8)...

...And new ones are just Chinese f**ing fragile plastic !

Offline Just a forumer

• No ideas for the title
  • very simple building developer
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 10:33:31 AM »
i don't think this happened because the elevator is old(90s lift is not that old) probally is some maintainance issue because around the world there are older elevators than this and still running perferctly
Japanese Doggo

Offline ecolortest

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 03:03:08 AM »
After 1 years someone is stuck in elevator with weird move

Offline ecolortest

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 03:04:06 AM »
i don't think this happened because the elevator is old(90s lift is not that old) probally is some maintainance issue because around the world there are older elevators than this and still running perferctly

in the investigation: "the car overran to the buffer, the safety brake didn't work properly as the 12 mm sling/wire rope on the overspeed governor had decreased due to it's age"

yeah the elevator have a maintenance probem that diint replace the wire rope
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 03:08:51 AM by ecolortest, Reason: mistake » »

Offline Test Tower

• Global Moderator
  • ^ Otis 2000
    • Skyscraper Stuff by Test Tower
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 10:48:12 AM »
The another reason is passengers overloading the lift.

Offline ecolortest

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 05:17:29 AM »
The another reason is passengers overloading the lift.
mybe. i not know if the elevator is overloading.

Offline NewEnglandElevators

• Global Moderator
  • Happy 9th Anniversary, Skyscraper Sim Forum!
    • My YouTube Channel! More & More Elevators
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 12:20:24 PM »
Seems like a combo of overloading and poor maintenance. This is a first, never seen any proof of an elevator actually falling.

Offline ecolortest

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2018, 06:33:35 AM »
Seems like a combo of overloading and poor maintenance. This is a first, never seen any proof of an elevator actually falling.
yeah mybe (im not know if elevator is cause overload or not, sorry)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 06:35:12 AM by ecolortest » »

Offline ecolortest

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2018, 07:39:02 AM »
Another fall cause 17 person into max 8 person elevator (skip to 1:20 to look cctv) (note: this elevator is 80s hyundai.)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 06:24:51 AM by ecolortest » »

Offline JaventheAldericky

• The best way to film a lift is to film the lift.
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2018, 08:31:19 AM »
Another fall cause 17 person into max 8 person elevator (skip to 1:20 to look cctv)
<insert youtube video here>

This appears to be an issue of overloading. Squeezing 17 people into a lift that can only hold 8 people is literally forcing the lift to carry twice the maximum load of what it can hold. That being said, it looks as if the lift was originally designed to carry more than 8 people (definitely not 17 though :P), so maybe proper maintenance of this lift could have prevented it.

A post a day keeps the... uh... something away.

;D

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• ZZ9 Productions