Are you banned? Problems registering?

Are you banned, but don't think you did wrong? Are you having problems registering? Read this post first. If you still have questions, contact forum staff at staff (at) skyscrapersim (dot) com to get help.

Author Topic: Entry Point Not Found on Loadup  (Read 384 times)

Offline elevator1512

• Elevator 1512 Productions
    • Elevator1512 Productions' Website
Entry Point Not Found on Loadup
« on: February 22, 2018, 07:24:29 PM »
When I downloaded the February 18 2018 build, I found that it will not work, and will instead load with an error, "Entry Point Not Found." Here is the code:
Code: [Select]
The procedure entry point ?AddStairs@Stairs@SBS@@QEAPEAVWall@2@HAEBV?$basic_string@DU$char_traits@D@std@@V$basic_string@DU$char_traits@D@std@@V?allocator@D@2@@std@@000NNNNNHNNN@Z could not be located in the dynamic link
library C:Users\Elevator1512 Productions\Documents\Skyscraper\Skyscraper.exe.

What exactly is the random string supposed to mean? I do know that something is missing, but is there a way for it to be fixed?

Offline elevator1512

Re: Entry Point Not Found on Loadup
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 07:28:22 PM »
The error message is different when I closed and attempted to reopen Skyscrapersim now:
Code: [Select]
The procedure entry point ?setSteeringValue@RaycastVehicle@OgreBulletDynamics@@QEAAXMH@Z could not be located in the dynamic link
library C:Users\Elevator1512 Productions\Documents\Skyscraper\Skyscraper.exe.

Until this odd problem is solved, I will be downgrading to the previous build, which was working for me prior to upgrading.

Offline SHADYWOOD79

• Administrator
  • 9 Full Years on the Forum!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 07:51:58 PM »
Yeah thats strange..... i'll see if that happens on my machine as well (I havent had time to use this build yet)
I've been a member since the very start-- 9 full years ago-- to enjoy the simulator & the talent that is behind the buildings created here. :).  I always read every post and am the Forum Co- Administrator ....we're here to assist you

Offline cd7890

• My new tower
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 08:59:57 AM »
download the full build,not the patch build,if it happens again,then there is a problem
Excelsior complex creator
Floor 301,Sky I *destroyed*
Floor 98,Triton center
Floor 50,Excelsior I
Floors 150,175,200-201,Newmarsh towers,Tower I
I sip my tea on the 500th floor,why do you not understand me?
Why you stole some of my buildings?

You ****!
You must be screwing something up badly if you manage to make the entire simulator crash because of an indicator...

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• ZZ9 Productions
  • Powered by KONE 375LCECPU40 logic
    • My YouTube channel - Skyscrapersim, Elevators & More!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 11:17:35 AM »
download the full build,not the patch build,if it happens again,then there is a problem
The patch works fine for me though. :)
- ZZ9 ;)
Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlphaYouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions
I have a fictional elevator company! I have made a building which has all my own brand of elevators in it.

My top 3 elevator companies:-
  • KONE & Schindler joint 1st
  • Otis
  • ThyssenKrupp

Feel free to give me feedback on my buildings and my YouTube channel! ;D

Quote from: cheapie
1st rule of real life: Anything can happen. It doesn't have to make sense.

Random lift voice of the day: "Doors closing, PUSH THE ALARM BUTTON, Out Of Order"

Offline eventhorizon

• Administrator
    • The Skyscraper Project
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 04:39:29 PM »
I did tests on the Windows build system for this, and am not having any issues.  Did it download correctly for you?

Offline elevator1512

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 06:55:47 PM »
I did tests on the Windows build system for this, and am not having any issues.  Did it download correctly for you?

I downloaded both the patch and full builds. When I did the full build that time, it worked fine without any error messages coming up.

Offline Just a forumer

• No ideas for the title
  • very simple building developer
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 05:55:35 AM »
ummm... thats weird, the patch build worked fine to me
Japanese Doggo

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• ZZ9 Productions