Are you banned? Problems registering?

Are you banned, but don't think you did wrong? Are you having problems registering? Read this post first. If you still have questions, contact forum staff at staff (at) skyscrapersim (dot) com to get help.

Author Topic: Why was the Otis 2000/2000VF never introduced in the USA?  (Read 415 times)

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• ZZ9 Productions
  • Powered by KONE 375LCECPU40 logic
    • My YouTube channel - Skyscrapersim, Elevators & More!
Why was the Otis 2000/2000VF never introduced in the USA?
« on: February 12, 2018, 11:43:51 AM »
I'm actually puzzled by this. Both the UK and the USA had Series 1, so I'm kinda confused why Otis introduced different elevators in the USA than the UK after the Series 1 was no longer being produced.
- ZZ9 ;)
Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlphaYouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions
I have a fictional elevator company! I have made a building which has all my own brand of elevators in it.

My top 3 elevator companies:-
  • KONE & Schindler joint 1st
  • Otis
  • ThyssenKrupp

Feel free to give me feedback on my buildings and my YouTube channel! ;D

Quote from: cheapie
1st rule of real life: Anything can happen. It doesn't have to make sense.

Random lift voice of the day: "Doors closing, PUSH THE ALARM BUTTON, Out Of Order"

Offline Just a forumer

• No ideas for the title
  • very simple building developer
Re: Why was the Otis 2000/2000VF never introduced in the USA?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 05:49:12 AM »
I'm actually puzzled by this. Both the UK and the USA had Series 1, so I'm kinda confused why Otis introduced different elevators in the USA than the UK after the Series 1 was no longer being produced.
and otis 2000 (all versions) can be exported to any location except north america
Japanese Doggo

Offline Test Tower

• Global Moderator
  • ^ Otis 2000
    • Skyscraper Stuff by Test Tower
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 09:42:30 AM »
I think it's related to ASME A17.1.

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• ZZ9 Productions
  • Powered by KONE 375LCECPU40 logic
    • My YouTube channel - Skyscrapersim, Elevators & More!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 11:27:01 AM »
and otis 2000 (all versions) can be exported to any location except north america
Do you know why this is?
I think it's related to ASME A17.1.
Could you please explain how this affects it?
- ZZ9 ;)
Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlphaYouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions
I have a fictional elevator company! I have made a building which has all my own brand of elevators in it.

My top 3 elevator companies:-
  • KONE & Schindler joint 1st
  • Otis
  • ThyssenKrupp

Feel free to give me feedback on my buildings and my YouTube channel! ;D

Quote from: cheapie
1st rule of real life: Anything can happen. It doesn't have to make sense.

Random lift voice of the day: "Doors closing, PUSH THE ALARM BUTTON, Out Of Order"

Offline steeperbuilder

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 02:19:15 PM »
I know why there a piece of c*ap
this is the bookishpriness emma subscribe for new vids Mondays and thursdays :-\

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• ZZ9 Productions