Are you banned? Problems registering?

Are you banned, but don't think you did wrong? Are you having problems registering? Read this post first. If you still have questions, contact forum staff at staff (at) skyscrapersim (dot) com to get help.

Author Topic: Simple Building with custom escalators  (Read 1293 times)

Offline Kan

Simple Building with custom escalators
« on: January 05, 2018, 12:03:52 PM »
This is a modification of Simple - Escalators with more realistic escalators created using Escalator2017, with a cross configuration like the escalators seen in malls, and floor signs on the escalator landings.

This download includes the fixed version of the escalator script from this topic. If you have already downloaded the script file from there, you don't need to replace the file with one in this download.

Credit to EG881 for the escalator script and the textures.
Note: The textures used for the escalators are loaded from the data/escalator folder, so you don't need to install EG881's IP for this building to work.

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• ZZ9 Productions
  • Powered by KONE 375LCECPU40 logic
    • My YouTube channel - Skyscrapersim, Elevators & More!
Re: Simple Building with custom escalators
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 12:54:37 PM »
I notice a strange texture issue in the second screenshot. Is that fixable?
- ZZ9 ;)
Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlphaYouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions
I have a fictional elevator company! I have made a building which has all my own brand of elevators in it.

My top 3 elevator companies:-
  • KONE & Schindler joint 1st
  • Otis
  • ThyssenKrupp

Feel free to give me feedback on my buildings and my YouTube channel! ;D

Quote from: cheapie
1st rule of real life: Anything can happen. It doesn't have to make sense.

Random lift voice of the day: "Please stay calm, help is coming, Please stay calm, help is coming, Please stay calm, help is coming, Please stay calm, help is coming.."

Offline Kan

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 11:57:16 PM »
I notice a strange texture issue in the second screenshot. Is that fixable?
It's a bug with TextureOverride that happens with right-facing escalators, which cannot be fixed for now.

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• ZZ9 Productions
  • Powered by KONE 375LCECPU40 logic
    • My YouTube channel - Skyscrapersim, Elevators & More!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 04:31:50 AM »
It's a bug with TextureOverride that happens with right-facing escalators, which cannot be fixed for now.
Ah ok.
- ZZ9 ;)
Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlphaYouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions
I have a fictional elevator company! I have made a building which has all my own brand of elevators in it.

My top 3 elevator companies:-
  • KONE & Schindler joint 1st
  • Otis
  • ThyssenKrupp

Feel free to give me feedback on my buildings and my YouTube channel! ;D

Quote from: cheapie
1st rule of real life: Anything can happen. It doesn't have to make sense.

Random lift voice of the day: "Please stay calm, help is coming, Please stay calm, help is coming, Please stay calm, help is coming, Please stay calm, help is coming.."

Offline eventhorizon

• Administrator
    • The Skyscraper Project
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 06:26:05 PM »

Is that a bug in the simulator?

Offline Kan

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 09:35:16 PM »
Is that a bug in the simulator?
The escalators' treads are supposed to use different textures from the risers, but I set that for the right-facing escalators and it didn't work.

Offline eventhorizon

• Administrator
    • The Skyscraper Project
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 10:04:21 PM »
I added separate riser and tread texture options in the code, which will be in the next build.  After that, an updated ObjectPlus should fix it.

Offline AUSSIELIFTSQLD

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 12:22:03 AM »
I added separate riser and tread texture options in the code, which will be in the next build.  After that, an updated ObjectPlus should fix it.

WHEN IS THE NEXT BUILD

Offline JaventheAldericky

• The best way to film a lift is to film the lift.
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 07:58:07 AM »
WHEN IS THE NEXT BUILD

The next build will come out eventually, don't panic. Remember:

Quote (selected)
Patience is a virtue.

Great to see that the bug has been fixed.

A post a day keeps the... uh... something away.

;D

Offline cd7890

• My new tower
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2018, 05:49:43 PM »
WHEN IS THE NEXT BUILD
recognize that it is possible to build Skyscraper from Source
https://forum.skyscrapersim.com/index.php?topic=5799.0
Excelsior complex creator
Floor 301,Sky I *destroyed*
Floor 98,Triton center
Floor 50,Excelsior I
Floors 150,175,200-201,Newmarsh towers,Tower I
I sip my tea on the 500th floor,why do you not understand me?
Why you stole some of my buildings?

You ****!
You must be screwing something up badly if you manage to make the entire simulator crash because of an indicator...

Offline Kan

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 10:37:46 AM »
I decided to update this mod with sounds at the escalators, for more realism. Credit to EG881 for the sounds and scripts used.

Offline SHADYWOOD79

• Administrator
  • 9 Full Years on the Forum!
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 10:43:50 AM »
@Kan glad to see you again, your awesome work has been missed.
I've been a member since the very start-- 9 full years ago-- to enjoy the simulator & the talent that is behind the buildings created here. :).  I always read every post and am the Forum Co- Administrator ....we're here to assist you

Offline Kan

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2018, 10:48:05 PM »
@Kan glad to see you again, your awesome work has been missed.
I am currently busy with my university's classes, but I still try to have a minor update to any building if I can.