Are you banned? Problems registering?

Are you banned, but don't think you did wrong? Are you having problems registering? Read this post first. If you still have questions, contact forum staff at staff (at) skyscrapersim (dot) com to get help.

Author Topic: Ropes and Counterweights  (Read 2653 times)

Offline spinba11

Re: Ropes and Counterweights
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2017, 01:17:04 PM »
If we have an elevator with a rear door can we move the counterweight to a different side and can we move the rails to the side if an elevator has a side door?

Offline eventhorizon

• Administrator
    • The Skyscraper Project
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2017, 02:40:22 PM »
If we have an elevator with a rear door can we move the counterweight to a different side and can we move the rails to the side if an elevator has a side door?

Yeah there's config options for all of that.

Edit: I didn't think of side doors, I don't exactly know how you'd do that yet.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 06:55:12 PM by eventhorizon » »

Offline eventhorizon

• Administrator
    • The Skyscraper Project
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2017, 05:02:59 PM »
Yup, they should be, but maybe not with the counterweight's guide rails. @eventhorizon did say that the function is just generic right now. Anyway, couldn't you make T-Shaped rails with the AddWall function?

AddRails is just a helper function that uses CreateWallBox2 on each floor of the shaft, up to the machine room base.  For the t-shaped rails, do you mean this?
http://www.structuremag.org/wp-content/uploads/0614-sp-2.jpg

Update - I've attached how the rails look now.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 05:41:24 PM by eventhorizon » »

Offline Test Tower

• Global Moderator
  • ^ Otis 2000
    • Skyscraper Stuff by Test Tower
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2017, 09:42:47 AM »
AddRails is just a helper function that uses CreateWallBox2 on each floor of the shaft, up to the machine room base.  For the t-shaped rails, do you mean this?
http://www.structuremag.org/wp-content/uploads/0614-sp-2.jpg

Update - I've attached how the rails look now.
This is what I was thinking about

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• ZZ9 Productions
  • Powered by KONE 375LCECPU40 logic
    • My YouTube channel - Skyscrapersim, Elevators & More!
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2017, 10:52:35 AM »
I think the lighter texture bit of the rail should not extend out as far as it is doing. Unless that's because of the shaft dimensions, I think it should be made to extend less far out from the rest of the track.
- ZZ9 ;)
Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlphaYouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions
ZZ9: An elevator enthusiast from Scotland!

My top 3 elevator companies:-
  • KONE & Schindler joint 1st
  • Otis
  • ThyssenKrupp

Feel free to give me feedback on my buildings and my YouTube channel! ;D

Quote from: cheapie
1st rule of real life: Anything can happen. It doesn't have to make sense.

Random lift voice of the day: "THis LIft is OUT OF Service, Please Use Next Lift"

Offline eventhorizon

• Administrator
    • The Skyscraper Project
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2017, 01:56:05 PM »
I think the lighter texture bit of the rail should not extend out as far as it is doing. Unless that's because of the shaft dimensions, I think it should be made to extend less far out from the rest of the track.

Well the command for it uses a rail_width parameter, and that's for both directions of the rail t-shape (so that parameter does both the rail width and depth).  I could change it though.

Offline eventhorizon

• Administrator
    • The Skyscraper Project
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2017, 05:47:10 PM »
Here's the updated video for this feature:

Offline SHADYWOOD79

• Administrator
  • 9 Full Years on the Forum!
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2017, 06:30:07 PM »
That is so cool
I've been a member since the very start-- 9 full years ago-- to enjoy the simulator & the talent that is behind the buildings created here. :).  I always read every post and am the Forum Co- Administrator ....we're here to assist you

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• ZZ9 Productions