Are you banned? Problems registering?

Are you banned, but don't think you did wrong? Are you having problems registering? Read this post first. If you still have questions, contact forum staff at staff (at) skyscrapersim (dot) com to get help.

Author Topic: Crosshair in freelook mode  (Read 971 times)

Offline cheapie

• Meow!
    • Cheapie Systems
Crosshair in freelook mode
« on: February 11, 2013, 11:54:31 PM »
I sort of like the freelook mode because it is like my other favorite game, Minetest (not to be confused with Minecraft). However, Minetest puts a crosshair (plus sign for those that don't know what that word means) in the middle of the screen. It's quite helpful because you can see where you're clicking. It would be nice if Skyscraper did that too.

Offline gooper1

• The Otis Fan
Re: Crosshair in freelook mode
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 06:36:38 AM »
Minecraft uses a crosshair too by the way...
I use freelook in Skyscraper as well (because it's easier than the arrow keys or WASD), and a crosshair in the middle would be nice. However, it's not ESSENTIAL, as isn't the cursor locked in the middle of the screen? That's almost like a crosshair to me.
Check out our new forum Discord chat!

G1DP      Lumo Center (now a part of June's IP)      Content requests thread (CLOSED)

Any questions, comments, or concerns? Contact me via Discord (fastest), PM, or email.

Offline cheapie

• Meow!
    • Cheapie Systems
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 05:54:30 PM »
isn't the cursor locked in the middle of the screen?

No, it's hidden in freelook (see attached screenshot).

Offline gooper1

• The Otis Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 06:03:47 PM »
No, it's hidden in freelook (see attached screenshot).
It's...smack in the middle of the Skyscraper window...
Check out our new forum Discord chat!

G1DP      Lumo Center (now a part of June's IP)      Content requests thread (CLOSED)

Any questions, comments, or concerns? Contact me via Discord (fastest), PM, or email.

Offline cheapie

• Meow!
    • Cheapie Systems
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 06:50:26 PM »
It's...smack in the middle of the Skyscraper window...

I guess I never checked the screenshot. I can assure you, though, that it normally doesn't show up...

Offline eventhorizon

• Administrator
    • The Skyscraper Project
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 09:04:03 PM »
I sort of like the freelook mode because it is like my other favorite game, Minetest (not to be confused with Minecraft). However, Minetest puts a crosshair (plus sign for those that don't know what that word means) in the middle of the screen. It's quite helpful because you can see where you're clicking. It would be nice if Skyscraper did that too.

It only shows the pointer on Windows for some reason (forgot if Mac does it too or not - Linux doesn't).  It's something with wxWidgets - maybe there's a way to force the cursor to stay on.

-eventhorizon

Offline eventhorizon

• Administrator
    • The Skyscraper Project
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 06:14:19 PM »
I actually figured it out (I hadn't worked with that part of the code in a very long time, so forgot how).  Change is in rev 2851:
http://svn.tliquest.net/viewvc?view=rev&revision=2851

-eventhorizon