Are you banned? Problems registering?

Are you banned, but don't think you did wrong? Are you having problems registering? Read this post first. If you still have questions, contact forum staff at staff (at) skyscrapersim (dot) com to get help.

Author Topic: Discontinuation of the My Little Pony board  (Read 923 times)

Offline SHADYWOOD79

• Administrator
  • 9 Full Years on the Forum!
Discontinuation of the My Little Pony board
« on: January 08, 2018, 01:02:04 PM »
January 8th, 2018

Forum Members ,

Based upon the declining popularity of the My Little Pony Board, and the moderator for that board not being active for the past 6 months i have decided to discontinue it.  At this time we are putting the focus more and more on the main Simulator project, with that in mind unrelated things like the My Little Pony board are now discontinued.

Please note we still have the "Off topic" board for anyone wishing to make conversation about something other than the main project, but we are moving in a positive direction and we are picking up again. In light of that i really wish to put the focus on the ever progressing IPs and further development of others

This is not to say i don't value creativity, we all certainly do but this particular topic didn't gain as much popularity as the original poster had hoped for and after a good run it was time to discontinue it.

I wish to thank Cynder-loves-lifts for being the moderator of that board and his efforts, but with the closure of that board also comes the elimination of his Board Moderator position (which he was notified of today)

I apologize if any other member feels discontent about this change, but If anyone wishes to discuss this further please PM me.

Thanks very much
I've been a member since the very start-- 9 full years ago-- to enjoy the simulator & the talent that is behind the buildings created here. :).  I always read every post and am the Forum Co- Administrator ....we're here to assist you

Offline June

• Global Moderator
Re: Discontinuation of the My Little Pony board
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 03:22:51 PM »
What was the point of that board? I never understood.

Offline cheapie

• Meow!
    • Cheapie Systems
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 05:13:21 PM »
What was the point of that board? I never understood.

It seemed to be mostly for various stuff that Cynder-loves-lifts did, since I think he was about the only one around here that really cared much for MLP. I'm not entirely sure why it had its own board, though... it's not like we have a board for everything furry related either, or any real demand for one despite there being at least two of us here.

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• ZZ9 Productions
  • Powered by KONE 375LCECPU40 logic
    • My YouTube channel - Skyscrapersim, Elevators & More!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 10:09:05 AM »
I'm not entirely sure why it had its own board, though...
There was a big argument about it a few years ago I think, and that was when the board was created.
- ZZ9 ;)
Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlphaYouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions
I have a fictional elevator company! I have made a building which has all my own brand of elevators in it.

My top 3 elevator companies:-
  • KONE & Schindler joint 1st
  • Otis
  • ThyssenKrupp

Feel free to give me feedback on my buildings and my YouTube channel! ;D

Quote from: cheapie
1st rule of real life: Anything can happen. It doesn't have to make sense.

Random lift voice of the day: "Please stay calm, help is coming, Please stay calm, help is coming, Please stay calm, help is coming, Please stay calm, help is coming.."

Offline PPEL

• O_o
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 10:40:21 AM »
There was a big argument about it a few years ago I think, and that was when the board was created.
Yes, there was.

Here's the topic
https://forum.skyscrapersim.com/index.php?topic=6848.0

Offline gooper1

• The Otis Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 11:17:58 AM »
it's not like we have a board for everything furry related either
There were no "furry buildings" the way there were MLP buildings.

As for the MLP stuff, the compromise I made was to put them in their own board away from other content.
Check out our new forum Discord chat!

G1DP      Lumo Center (now a part of June's IP)      Content requests thread (CLOSED)

Any questions, comments, or concerns? Contact me via Discord (fastest), PM, or email.

Offline SHADYWOOD79

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 05:18:29 PM »
It even seemed back then that people werent too excited about having it anyway. Looks like this was the right move. We tried it for awhile to appease other members and found it just wasn't needed. Trial and error, if we never tried new things we would have never progressed ...right? 8)

Thanks for your feedback
I've been a member since the very start-- 9 full years ago-- to enjoy the simulator & the talent that is behind the buildings created here. :).  I always read every post and am the Forum Co- Administrator ....we're here to assist you

Offline QuarioQuario54321

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 03:55:48 PM »
There were no "furry buildings" the way there were MLP buildings.

As for the MLP stuff, the compromise I made was to put them in their own board away from other content.
I was the one really responsible for it https://forum.skyscrapersim.com/index.php?topic=6824.0
You may need to scroll down

Offline SHADYWOOD79

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 09:26:03 PM »
I was the one really responsible for it https://forum.skyscrapersim.com/index.php?topic=6824.0
You may need to scroll down

I don't think it matters at this point, the board has been discontinued and the matter is closed.

Topic locked to further discussion