Are you banned? Problems registering?

Are you banned, but don't think you did wrong? Are you having problems registering? Read this post first. If you still have questions, contact forum staff at staff (at) skyscrapersim (dot) com to get help.

Author Topic: Global Moderator Position (CLOSED)  (Read 874 times)

Online SHADYWOOD79

• Administrator
  • 9 Full Years on the Forum!
Global Moderator Position (CLOSED)
« on: September 28, 2017, 07:31:04 PM »
Hello All,

I'm sure most are now aware of the transition we went through today with Gooper1 stepping down (but not leaving permanently) That thread can be found here: https://forum.skyscrapersim.com/index.php?topic=7706.0

Moving forward, there is a GM position that will need to be filled. 

I know in the past there were "elections" held, however we will be at least starting this GM selection process a bit differently this time.  This change is due to the fact that we don't just want someone solely with the popular or likability factor (although it is important) we also want someone who we can say is the "right fit" who has the right mentality and who will help us as staff members maintain the professionalism we were always able to achieve.

The first part of the selection process is as follows:
To get an idea of who is interested in becoming GM, between now October 5th and  I will be accepting virtual "interest cards", meaning between now and next Thursday please send me a Private message with the subject being "GM interest" and in the body of the message describe the following:

Your real first name and how long you have been on the Forum along with the following 4 questions.....

1.) What you believe you could bring to our team? (why are you the best candidate)
2.) What ideas do you have to help improve the forum?
3.) What steps would you take as a GM if there was a dispute on the forum, or how would you handle complaints reported to you.
4.) What do you feel is the most important quality or personal trait to have acting as a GM? why?

I know this is somewhat of a departure from the way others were appointed, but these questions give us a little better idea of your personality.

After October 5th, we will have an idea of how many are interested and start evaluating answers and those selected to speak with us further will be contacted.

Good luck, and please follow these instructions, because any unanswered or incomplete questions will disqualify you. PMs that simply ask to be a GM will be disqualified as well.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 04:38:54 PM by SHADYWOOD79 » »
I've been a member since the very start-- 9 full years ago-- to enjoy the simulator & the talent that is behind the buildings created here. :).  I always read every post and am the Forum Co- Administrator ....we're here to assist you

Online SHADYWOOD79

• Administrator
Re: Global Moderator Position (HOLD)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 02:46:16 PM »
10-04-17 Today & tomorrow will be the last days for the accepting of interest for the GM position. If you are interested act now. The next phase of Selection will be announced in the coming week or 2 depending on interest. If there is not enough interest to make the process competitive, all current submissions will be held and a new process will begin at a later time.
I've been a member since the very start-- 9 full years ago-- to enjoy the simulator & the talent that is behind the buildings created here. :).  I always read every post and am the Forum Co- Administrator ....we're here to assist you

Online SHADYWOOD79

• Administrator
Re: Global Moderator Position (ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS)
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 09:24:26 PM »
Happy Holidays everyone! I've dedicated time over the last couple months to monitor daily forum activity to determine many factors. Back in October the combination of the lull in forum activity and the interest levels and need for a new GM wasnt enough for me to fill the spot at that time. Believe it or not, the discussion threads may seem slow still, but we are increasing member numbers (who were former guests looking at your content). These folks were interested enough in your work to sign up so in the near future we may see improvement. The other goal is to try to keep people active, we can do this by not only keeping discussions alive, but to have a team of interactive (key word there is not only interactive but also "ACTIVE" ) staff as well.

I am going to start accepting submissions again for the GM spot to see who has the interest, I will take some time to fill it because i want the selected person to be creative, active and enthusiastic about the simulator and our forum..

Same protocol applies, read above post and follow those instructions.

With the right amount of enthusiasm from everyone, not just those applying for the position we can and will return to where we were activity-wise.....why? because we were all interested in this project for years and the activity part of it just comes naturally to those genuinely interested in a certain subject.

Keep up the good work & apply if you have an interest to be considered to fill the GM spot in the future!

Online SHADYWOOD79

• Administrator
Re: Global Moderator Position (CLOSED)
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 04:40:57 PM »
Dec 21-Id like to take a moment and welcome June to our GM team! June has offered us numerous high quality content and has taken on the Lumo Center project. June will be a great addition to our GM team and as always please show June your utmost respect as our newest staff member!

@NewEnglandElevators and @TestTower Please take the time to assist June as needed in her GM role.

Offline gooper1

• The Otis Fan
Re: Global Moderator Position (CLOSED)
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 05:15:16 PM »
I wish June very well in her future endeavours as GM. Welcome to the team.
Check out our new forum Discord chat!

G1DP      Lumo Center (now a part of June's IP)      Content requests thread (CLOSED)

Any questions, comments, or concerns? Contact me via Discord (fastest), PM, or email.

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• ZZ9 Productions