Are you banned? Problems registering?

Are you banned, but don't think you did wrong? Are you having problems registering? Read this post first. If you still have questions, contact forum staff at staff (at) skyscrapersim (dot) com to get help.

Author Topic: A desperate attempt to restore the Skyscraper Community  (Read 1855 times)

Offline SHADYWOOD79

• Administrator
  • 9 Full Years on the Forum!
Re: A desperate attempt to restore the Skyscraper Community
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2016, 07:10:03 PM »
It'll come back, Unfortunately alot of people get disenchanted and leave. The loyal fans know that eventually it'll pick up and new members will gain interest as in with everything......try to ride it out.
I've been a member since the very start-- 9 full years ago-- to enjoy the simulator & the talent that is behind the buildings created here. :).  I always read every post and am the Forum Co- Administrator ....we're here to assist you

Offline June

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2016, 07:14:38 PM »
Hopefully the community expands. Many of the users have lost interest and have gotten older. Finding new users would solve the problem but I don't know quite how to do that.

Offline elevatorguyrocks1312

• BANNED user
  • This user is BANNED
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2016, 06:12:45 PM »
It is sad that the forum isn't very active anymore. I'll admit that I don't come onto the forum very much anymore (mostly because of school), but even a few years ago, it would have been common to see at least 3-5 posts a day. Now, we barely even get a single post a day, which is depressing. Unfortunately, there aren't very many younger members anymore, and the current members are either growing older or are just not interested in elevators/lifts anymore. Even the YouTube elevator community is feeling the effects of this, with some lift filmers only getting less 1000 views on a new video, compared to a few years ago when the same people would get upwards of 20,000 views. It is in a sad state currently. :(
I agree.
This user has been permanently banned.

Offline elevatorguyrocks1312

• BANNED user
  • This user is BANNED
This user has been permanently banned.

Offline spinba11

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2016, 03:37:46 PM »
Can anyone who has seen the film speed do me a favour, I've tried recreating the part in the opening scene where the elevator passes the camera very slowly to us in the trailer but I can't get the timing right, in fact I'm thinking of using the music from the opening scene in the trailer.

Offline SHADYWOOD79

• Administrator
  • 9 Full Years on the Forum!
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2016, 09:34:01 PM »
Thats off this particular topic-- but i think that request would be just as challenging to anyone else doing it as well....it doesnt have to be perfect, just do your best. What is the purpose of this if i may ask?
I've been a member since the very start-- 9 full years ago-- to enjoy the simulator & the talent that is behind the buildings created here. :).  I always read every post and am the Forum Co- Administrator ....we're here to assist you

Offline June

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2016, 06:22:37 PM »
I read in another post that eventhorizon may advertise the Alpha 10 release somehow.

Offline spinba11

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2016, 02:33:26 PM »
Can anyone recommend any good screen recorders? They don't have to be free, I've had a look myself but there are too many.

Offline Kan

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2016, 05:42:31 PM »
I would recommend Open Broadcaster Software.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 08:43:58 PM by Kan » »

Offline June

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2016, 08:40:10 PM »
I've got the hardware for video recording and editing but the software I have isn't that great. I'm going to try to work with it to see what I can come up with. I created a YouTube channel designed to showcase the features that the simulator has to offer. Perhaps that will bring more interest into the Skyscraper project. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVxIuaMYO3ltqzhz89CAEVw

Offline rsdworker

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2016, 01:28:21 AM »
I've got the hardware for video recording and editing but the software I have isn't that great. I'm going to try to work with it to see what I can come up with. I created a YouTube channel designed to showcase the features that the simulator has to offer. Perhaps that will bring more interest into the Skyscraper project. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVxIuaMYO3ltqzhz89CAEVw

good idea - while ago or so i recemmoded the showcase of towers in one file showing what the features are in
i need find link to it

Offline June

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2016, 03:20:59 PM »
What should I record? I could put all of the footage in a .rar archive and upload it so that you can access it.