Are you banned? Problems registering?

Are you banned, but don't think you did wrong? Are you having problems registering? Read this post first. If you still have questions, contact forum staff at staff (at) skyscrapersim (dot) com to get help.

Poll

Should this forum move to a new download system?

Yes, it is a good idea.
4 (57.1%)
No, leave it as it is.
1 (14.3%)
I have another suggestion. (please post)
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: July 24, 2015, 04:33:58 PM

Author Topic: Custom Buildings upgrade  (Read 835 times)

Offline gooper1

• The Otis Fan
Custom Buildings upgrade
« on: July 17, 2015, 04:33:58 PM »
So it was brought up to me that our current buildings/content system is a bit unwieldy, and it's not that easy to find a building you want. In response, I proposed that a download system, such as this, can be implemented in place (or possibly alongside) of the Custom Buildings and Custom Content boards.

I give this question to you, the forum. Should we move over to this new system, or is this system we have now just fine? The poll runs for 1 week.
Check out our new forum Discord chat!

G1DP      Lumo Center (now a part of June's IP)      Content requests thread (CLOSED)

Any questions, comments, or concerns? Contact me via Discord (fastest), PM, or email.

Offline cd7890

• My new tower
Re: Custom Buildings upgrade
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 09:46:52 PM »
it is unwieldy,but,i think it is fine for now,i think it should be offered alongside of the current system,because that system is working fine,as far as i can see,with IP's and such
Excelsior complex creator
Floor 301,Sky I *destroyed*
Floor 98,Triton center
Floor 50,Excelsior I
Floors 150,175,200-201,Newmarsh towers,Tower I
I sip my tea on the 500th floor,why do you not understand me?
Why you stole some of my buildings?

You ****!
You must be screwing something up badly if you manage to make the entire simulator crash because of an indicator...

Offline Upanddownadventures

• Upanddownadventures' Channel
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 09:54:44 PM »
I would not want the new download system implemented if you can not download files if you don't have an account on the forum, because people under 13 are not allowed to make an account, and then they wouldn't be able to download buildings.

Offline cd7890

• My new tower
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 11:22:00 PM »
to the above
i think that if you are under 13,you can personally ask content creators for download links
Excelsior complex creator
Floor 301,Sky I *destroyed*
Floor 98,Triton center
Floor 50,Excelsior I
Floors 150,175,200-201,Newmarsh towers,Tower I
I sip my tea on the 500th floor,why do you not understand me?
Why you stole some of my buildings?

You ****!
You must be screwing something up badly if you manage to make the entire simulator crash because of an indicator...

Offline ans

• Board Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 08:58:18 AM »
(The upgrade was my idea)

My plan - I could program something like this http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center - A building gallery with ratings, comments and downloads

It would be custom made, so it would have provisions for BBC/G1BC/Integration projects.

It would be seperate from the forum but I could beg ryan to provide me access to forum authentication functions (so you would just login with your current details and your username would carry over)

I would not want the new download system implemented if you can not download files if you don't have an account on the forum, because people under 13 are not allowed to make an account, and then they wouldn't be able to download buildings.
with my system you could download things, but you would need a forum account to submit and update content.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 03:01:29 PM by Bluemetal » »
Adam / Sketchy Nuggets / Bean / Bluemetal

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqltkO7ivBt5AvQrmv5Pe2w

Offline eventhorizon

• Administrator
    • The Skyscraper Project
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 12:30:56 PM »
I wanted to have something much better for a while, but didn't really know what to use.  I was actually looking for stuff that would run outside of the forum itself, like a downloads gallery.  I don't know if that download plugin would do all of that.

Offline ans

• Board Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 12:46:03 PM »
I was actually looking for stuff that would run outside of the forum itself, like a downloads gallery.

That is what I am proposing :)
Adam / Sketchy Nuggets / Bean / Bluemetal

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqltkO7ivBt5AvQrmv5Pe2w

Offline gooper1

• The Otis Fan
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 09:27:25 PM »
I think that in any case, we'd not require registration to download, but we'd require it to comment.
Check out our new forum Discord chat!

G1DP      Lumo Center (now a part of June's IP)      Content requests thread (CLOSED)

Any questions, comments, or concerns? Contact me via Discord (fastest), PM, or email.

Offline rsdworker

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 03:08:50 PM »
i like download place so that way i can see files and i dont have to search through forum
so its would give a users a easy access