Are you banned? Problems registering?

Are you banned, but don't think you did wrong? Are you having problems registering? Read this post first. If you still have questions, contact forum staff at staff (at) skyscrapersim (dot) com to get help.

Author Topic: Maalit72 Integration Project  (Read 28313 times)

Offline M72

• Formerly Maalit72.
Re: Maalit72 Integration Project
« Reply #165 on: July 20, 2017, 05:31:07 PM »
I have an idea. How about now Skyscraper can run multiple buildings in one simulation, how about you make a building that will load all of the Elevation City County University buildings into one simulation? I would like to see that. :)
I don't know how to do that in the code.

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• The Fan of KONE EcoDiscs...
  • ...with an Otis Gen2 for my profile picture. :P
« Reply #166 on: July 21, 2017, 05:14:59 AM »
I don't know how to do that in the code.
It's in the design guide for Alpha 10 and newer releases. If you want, I'll snip the section out of it and put it on a separate text document for you. :)
EcoDiscs are awesome!
I have a fictional elevator company! I have made a building which has all my own brand of elevators in it.

My top 3 elevator companies:-
  • KONE
  • Otis
  • Schindler

Every good signature has got either a  :), a  ;D, a  8), a  ;) or a combination of those!

Feel free to give me feedback on my buildings through the topic or by PM. I'll appreciate it!

Quote from: cheapie
1st rule of real life: Anything can happen. It doesn't have to make sense.

Random number of the day: 25

Offline M72

• Formerly Maalit72.
« Reply #167 on: July 27, 2017, 04:40:59 AM »
Remember this classic building from 2011?
So I decided to to a revamped version to this building.

Modernham Mall V2

The revamped version maybe will be released in the next days.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 04:54:03 AM by M72 » »

Offline -__Raio__-

• No ideas for the title
  • very simple building developer
« Reply #168 on: July 27, 2017, 08:04:03 AM »
Remember this classic building from 2011?
So I decided to to a revamped version to this building.

Modernham Mall V2

The revamped version maybe will be released in the next days.

thats really cool
' < '

Offline M72

• Formerly Maalit72.
« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2017, 12:30:39 PM »
Here is a speak peak to Modernham Mall V2.

For comparison here is the original building from 2011(first screenshot) VS the the revamped version that will ve released in the next days(second screenshot).

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

« Reply #170 on: July 31, 2017, 12:34:03 PM »
Here is a speak peak to Modernham Mall V2.

For comparison here is the original building from 2011(first screenshot) VS the the revamped version that will ve released in the next days(second screenshot).
That looks amazing. Just to check, are you wanting me to show you the code for loading multiple buildings into one simulation or not?
EcoDiscs are awesome!
I have a fictional elevator company! I have made a building which has all my own brand of elevators in it.

• KONE
  • Otis
  • Schindler

Every good signature has got either a  :), a  ;D, a  8), a  ;) or a combination of those!

Feel free to give me feedback on my buildings through the topic or by PM. I'll appreciate it!

Offline M72

• Formerly Maalit72.
« Reply #171 on: August 03, 2017, 05:24:26 PM »
Modernham Mall (Version 2.0)

A revamped version of one of my classic older buildings from 2011.

The building requires the recent
version of Skyscrapersim! Please don't use older versions or the horribly outdated Beno Skyscrapersim/Skyscrapersim Alpha 7!

About the building

Modernham Mall V2 is a revamped version of Modernham Mall which is a building that I created in 2011.
The mall was built in the mid 2000's and opened in these years.
The mall has 3 retail levels, 9 parking levels and 3 office levels. The mall is owned by Elevation Ltd.

Building Policy
1. No smoking.
2. No pets allowed.
3. No soliciting.
4. Photography is allowed for personal purposes only. Commercial photography is not allowed.
5. No weapons allowed.
6. Fundraising is allowed to approved organizations only.
7. No google glass and similar allowed.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 05:33:15 PM by M72 » »

Offline M72

• Formerly Maalit72.
« Reply #172 on: August 31, 2017, 02:25:40 PM »
UPDATE:
I don't know if i will create another building in the next month. maybe i will create a new building.

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

« Reply #173 on: September 01, 2017, 10:48:01 AM »
Here is the information from the design guide about loading multiple buildings into one simulation:-
Quote from: Skyscraper Building Design Guide
10. The Buildings Section

The Buildings section allows you to load additional buildings, into separate simulation engines, and have them all be visible and usable in the same scene. This section is small, and mainly exists to provide clarity in scripts. Additional buildings also have their own script interpreters, so their scripts (and things such as includes) are completely isolated from each other. Note that this section is skipped when reloading the building (Ctrl-R). This section should be placed at the beginning of the script file, so that the progress bar during load can be accurate. When the script is finished loading, the primary building (the one included in the main script) will be automatically cut for each child building (using the section's Cut parameters), making it easy to integrate new buildings into existing spaces with large landscapes, or even city blocks. Nesting of this section is also supported, so that if a child building also has a buildings section, it'll process it, and the parent building will be cut for each child building.

The section starts with this header:
<Buildings>

and ends with this footer:
<EndBuildings>

Parameters (all are optional):

1. ConcurrentLoads - if this is set to true, load all buildings simultaneously. Default is false, which loads each building in order.
 Example: ConcurrentLoads = true

2. CutLandscape - if this is set to true, cut the Landscape mesh of buildings, discarding the area outside of the building's set boundaries. Default is true
CutLandscape = true

3. CutBuildings - if this is set to true, cut the Buildings mesh of buildings, discarding the area outside of the building's set boundaries. Default is true
CutBuildings = true

4. CutExternal - if this is set to true, cut the External mesh of buildings, discarding the area outside of the building's set boundaries. Default is false, since this may have an unnecessary performance impact
CutExternal = true

5. CutFloors - if this is set to true, cut the Floors meshes of buildings, discarding the area outside of the building's set boundaries. Default is false, since this may have an unnecessary performance impact
CutFloors = true

Commands:

1. Load - load a building, creating a new Engine Context (script interpreter and sim engine pair) for it. This command requires a building filename to be specified, and optionally allows the position to be set (which overrides the Position value in that building's Globals section), the rotation (Y axis, which is left/right) in degrees to be set, and the bounds values to be set (which also overrides the building's Bounds value). For the rotation value, if "90" is specified, the building is rotated so that it faces the right. If the value is "270" or "-90", the building faces the left. The Bounds values are used to determine the position limits of what are considered that building, where if a building has a position X value of 200, and the MinX is -100 and MaxX is 100, the global positions of 100X to 300X are "inside" that building's space (200 - 100, and 200 + 100). Subfolders are supported, so a filename of "myfolder/mybuilding.bld" will load the building file at "buildings/myfolder/mybuilding.bld".

Syntax: Load filename[, X, Y, Z, Rotation][, MinX, MinY, MinZ, MaxX, MaxY, MaxZ]
 Example 1: Load Simple.bld
 Example 2: Load Simple.bld, 200, 0, 200, 0
 Example 3: Load Simple.bld, 200, 0, 200, 0, -100, 0, -100, 100, 0, 100
 Example 4: Load myfolder/mybuilding.bld
EcoDiscs are awesome!

• KONE
  • Otis
  • Schindler

Offline M72

• Formerly Maalit72.
« Reply #174 on: September 24, 2017, 08:56:48 AM »
Idea for a future building + collaboration requredI recently has an idea for a future building(actually a cruise ship).

I want to create a building based on the MS Queen Mary retired cruise ship that serves as an hotel in North America. Make something similar with a different name, more stateroom decks to make it more creepy. But as there are problems that require handcoding to make it more similar like the port part that connected to the ship. BBC + Handcoding building.

I need a North American user that leaves in the Los Angeles area that knows to handcode and can take pictures from the ship itself to collaborate with me on the building.

Sadly that there is no other piece of history like that in Europe or my area(Middle east).
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 12:37:45 PM by M72 » »

Offline eventhorizon

• Administrator
    • The Skyscraper Project
« Reply #175 on: September 24, 2017, 06:54:17 PM »
Idea for a future building + collaboration requredI recently has an idea for a future building(actually a cruise ship).

I want to create a building based on the MS Queen Mary retired cruise ship that serves as an hotel in North America. Make something similar with a different name, more stateroom decks to make it more creepy. But as there are problems that require handcoding to make it more similar like the port part that connected to the ship. BBC + Handcoding building.

I need a North American user that leaves in the Los Angeles area that knows to handcode and can take pictures from the ship itself to collaborate with me on the building.

Sadly that there is no other piece of history like that in Europe or my area(Middle east).

I visited that ship when I was in Long Beach in 2014 (I stayed at a hotel next door to it).  There should be maps and other things that show it's layout.  I might have some pictures somewhere.

Offline M72

• Formerly Maalit72.
« Reply #176 on: September 25, 2017, 02:26:53 AM »
Thanks.
The layouts will be useful and pictures will be useful but I to create a building based on it with few changes. More stateroom decks than the original to make the building more creepy, First/Second classes same hallway look like the first class ones, Second/Third classes same facilities and more.

Offline M72

• Formerly Maalit72.
« Reply #177 on: November 13, 2017, 02:50:32 AM »
In the recent 2 months I didn't created a new building. I may plan to create a new building.

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

« Reply #178 on: November 14, 2017, 10:31:06 AM »
In the recent 2 months I didn't created a new building. I may plan to create a new building.
Any clues as to what it might be?
EcoDiscs are awesome!

• KONE
  • Otis
  • Schindler