Are you banned? Problems registering?

Are you banned, but don't think you did wrong? Are you having problems registering? Read this post first. If you still have questions, contact forum staff at staff (at) skyscrapersim (dot) com to get help.

Author Topic: 900 Members  (Read 111 times)

Offline SHADYWOOD79

• Administrator
  • 8 1/2 Full Years on the Forum!
900 Members
« on: December 02, 2017, 10:13:29 AM »
I'm happy to see we have reached the 900 Member mark!
Getting the word out is paying off little by little...keep up the great work!
I've been a member since the very start-- 8.5 years ago-- to enjoy the simulator & the talent that is behind the buildings created here. :).  I always read every post and am the Forum Co- Administrator ....we're here to assist you!

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• ZZ9 Productions
  • Let's get Skyscraper noticed!
    • My YouTube channel
Re: 900 Members
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 01:27:38 PM »
YAY CONGRATS ON REACHING 900!!!! ;D ;D
Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlphaYouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions
I have a fictional elevator company! I have made a building which has all my own brand of elevators in it.

My top 3 elevator companies:-
  • KONE
  • Otis
  • Schindler

Every good signature has got either a  :), a  ;D, a  8), a  ;) or a combination of those!

Feel free to give me feedback on my buildings through the topic or by PM. I'll appreciate it!

Quote from: cheapie
1st rule of real life: Anything can happen. It doesn't have to make sense.

Random number of the day: -1947

Offline gooper1

• The Otis Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 07:47:21 PM »
I'm happy that we've reached 900 :D
Check out our new forum Discord chat!

G1DP      Lumo Center (now a part of June's IP)      Content requests thread (CLOSED)

Any questions, comments, or concerns? Contact me via Discord (fastest), PM, or email.

Offline SHADYWOOD79

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 09:52:39 PM »
I realize we have been slower than usual lately and the forum has been very quiet as well, but we ask that everyone remains as patient as you have been. We have great confidence things will slowly resume to where they were. People do see your content, i have been monitoring things on the forum and i see a big increase of guests who have just been looking at random topics suddenly become members. A percentage of our members may not post religiously or at all but they do see the content and that's what we are after.

Please continue to spread the word, I have been doing the same.  I assure you I am here everyday multiple times a day and i read and look at every post and monitor things.

I am kind of a prime example of my point, I only post sometimes and to some things, but i see everything posted. So i know that we are still growing even though the forum may be quiet because 100% of our progress isn't measured by posts. It is mostly measured by getting views to the topics and raising peoples interests (which leads to more contribution) and we certainly are doing that.

Thanks to all for your efforts and lets see if we can make it to 1,000 sonner than later.
I've been a member since the very start-- 8.5 years ago-- to enjoy the simulator & the talent that is behind the buildings created here. :).  I always read every post and am the Forum Co- Administrator ....we're here to assist you!

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• ZZ9 Productions
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 04:41:00 AM »
I agree with you there SW. I'm kinda the same, I don't always post when I come on, but I look at every new post made since I was last on. I usually come on once a day and see what's new and I too am confident that the activity on this forum will pick up again and just now we all just need to play our parts in getting as much word out about Skyscraper as possible. ;D ;)
Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlpha                          Scratch: ZZ9PluralZAlphaYouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions                          YouTube: ZZ9 Productions
I have a fictional elevator company! I have made a building which has all my own brand of elevators in it.

• KONE
  • Otis
  • Schindler

Every good signature has got either a  :), a  ;D, a  8), a  ;) or a combination of those!

Feel free to give me feedback on my buildings through the topic or by PM. I'll appreciate it!

Offline cd7890

• My new tower
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 12:42:43 PM »
my position is that we need a lot new and GOOD content
BBC is good for beginners,but,for the love of goodness,its being used as a crutch by people who are unwilling to put time into their designs
of course this needs to stop,but,the question is how
Excelsior complex creator
Floor 301,Sky I *destroyed*
Floor 98,Triton center
Floor 50,Excelsior I
Floors 150,175,200-201,Newmarsh towers,Tower I
I sip my tea on the 500th floor,why do you not understand me?
Why you stole some of my buildings?

You ****!
You must be screwing something up badly if you manage to make the entire simulator crash because of an indicator...

Offline SHADYWOOD79

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 01:14:04 PM »
we need a lot new and GOOD content

I agree, and getting people interested in our project will lead to the contribution we seek.

its being used as a crutch by people who are unwilling to put time into their designs
of course this needs to stop,but,the question is how

I'm not sure it's unwillingness, it could be time constraints, etc. The hand coded buildings aren't easy to make for some and there is a great deal of learning involved. Everyone learns at a different pace. I think people that make an effort to produce something (even if we don't consider it "good" by some advanced users standards), deserve credit for trying....their efforts can only improve with the right encouragement.

Offline cd7890

• My new tower
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 06:01:07 PM »
I agree, and getting people interested in our project will lead to the contribution we seek.

I'm not sure it's unwillingness, it could be time constraints, etc. The hand coded buildings aren't easy to make for some and there is a great deal of learning involved. Everyone learns at a different pace. I think people that make an effort to produce something (even if we don't consider it "good" by some advanced users standards), deserve credit for trying....their efforts can only improve with the right encouragement.
this is true,it is possible that people are constrained by time
Excelsior complex creator
Floor 301,Sky I *destroyed*
Floor 98,Triton center
Floor 50,Excelsior I
Floors 150,175,200-201,Newmarsh towers,Tower I
I sip my tea on the 500th floor,why do you not understand me?
Why you stole some of my buildings?

You ****!
You must be screwing something up badly if you manage to make the entire simulator crash because of an indicator...

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• ZZ9 Productions
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 10:23:44 AM »
this is true,it is possible that people are constrained by time
Even if that's not the case, you can still get good BBC buildings. Those are ones that have had some finishing touches hand-coded in after the main script has been generated by the building creator.

• KONE
  • Otis
  • Schindler

Offline SHADYWOOD79

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 02:19:35 PM »
Those are ones that have had some finishing touches hand-coded in after the main script has been generated by the building creator

Yes and that's a great point. People have to start somewhere and they build on it, I can only see someone genuinely not making the effort if something discourages them like being made to feel their efforts aren't good enough or wanted. We usually are careful about that though.

Offline ZZ9_Elevators

• ZZ9 Productions
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 02:23:48 PM »
Yes and that's a great point. People have to start somewhere and they build on it, I can only see someone genuinely not making the effort if something discourages them like being made to feel their efforts aren't good enough or wanted. We usually are careful about that though.
I agree. Going back to my point, that's what I've been doing, making the initial script in BBC2, sorting out any major bugs with the building that don't involve something like re-doing all the doors or walls for a floor, then hand-coding some things to make it better. I like to think each time I make a building I mod more after getting the script from the creator. :)

• KONE
  • Otis
  • Schindler