Are you banned? Problems registering?

Are you banned, but don't think you did wrong? Are you having problems registering? Read this post first. If you still have questions, contact forum staff at staff (at) skyscrapersim (dot) com to get help.

Author Topic: Global Moderator Position (HELD)  (Read 254 times)

Offline SHADYWOOD79

• Administrator
  • 8 1/2 Full Years on the Forum!
Global Moderator Position (HELD)
« on: September 28, 2017, 07:31:04 PM »
Hello All,

I'm sure most are now aware of the transition we went through today with Gooper1 stepping down (but not leaving permanently) That thread can be found here: https://forum.skyscrapersim.com/index.php?topic=7706.0

Moving forward, there is a GM position that will need to be filled. 

I know in the past there were "elections" held, however we will be at least starting this GM selection process a bit differently this time.  This change is due to the fact that we don't just want someone solely with the popular or likability factor (although it is important) we also want someone who we can say is the "right fit" who has the right mentality and who will help us as staff members maintain the professionalism we were always able to achieve.

The first part of the selection process is as follows:
To get an idea of who is interested in becoming GM, between now October 5th and  I will be accepting virtual "interest cards", meaning between now and next Thursday please send me a Private message with the subject being "GM interest" and in the body of the message describe the following:

Your real first name and how long you have been on the Forum along with the following 4 questions.....

1.) What you believe you could bring to our team? (why are you the best candidate)
2.) What ideas do you have to help improve the forum?
3.) What steps would you take as a GM if there was a dispute on the forum, or how would you handle complaints reported to you.
4.) What do you feel is the most important quality or personal trait to have acting as a GM? why?

I know this is somewhat of a departure from the way others were appointed, but these questions give us a little better idea of your personality.

After October 5th, we will have an idea of how many are interested and start evaluating answers and those selected to speak with us further will be contacted.

Good luck, and please follow these instructions, because any unanswered or incomplete questions will disqualify you. PMs that simply ask to be a GM will be disqualified as well.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 02:48:05 PM by SHADYWOOD79 » »
I've been a member since the very start-- 8.5 years ago-- to enjoy the simulator & the talent that is behind the buildings created here. :).  I always read every post and am the Forum Co- Administrator ....we're here to assist you!

Offline SHADYWOOD79

• Administrator
Re: Global Moderator Position
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 11:08:06 AM »
10-01-17- Just a reminder to submit your interest for the vacant GM spot by This Thursday October 5th to be considered further.
I've been a member since the very start-- 8.5 years ago-- to enjoy the simulator & the talent that is behind the buildings created here. :).  I always read every post and am the Forum Co- Administrator ....we're here to assist you!

Offline SHADYWOOD79

• Administrator
Re: Global Moderator Position (HOLD)
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 02:46:16 PM »
10-04-17 Today & tomorrow will be the last days for the accepting of interest for the GM position. If you are interested act now. The next phase of Selection will be announced in the coming week or 2 depending on interest. If there is not enough interest to make the process competitive, all current submissions will be held and a new process will begin at a later time.