Are you banned? Problems registering?

Are you banned, but don't think you did wrong? Are you having problems registering? Read this post first. If you still have questions, contact forum staff at staff (at) skyscrapersim (dot) com to get help.

Author Topic: project remodel  (Read 802 times)

Offline cat1554

project remodel
« on: August 26, 2016, 06:24:09 PM »
i'm remodeling some of my buildings to my liking and i want to know how to set custom button text.
i know how to make floor numbers, but i want it to have 1 say "Lobby", 500 to say "Skydeck" and stop to have a red button and say "Emergency Stop". How do i do that? (i'm using 2.0 alpha 9 and "Simple - 500 Floors")

Offline cat1554

(pt2) project remodel
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 01:47:24 PM »
i also want to flip certain door textures as i'm making a elevator door that looks like its a manual one.

Offline gooper1

• The Otis Fan
Re: project remodel
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 07:15:39 AM »
Firstly, don't use Alpha 9, use the latest build.
As for your questions:
For the floor signs, Skyscraper loads textures by number, for example, it would load the textures you make called 0 to 499. What you would do is make numbers from 1 to 498, and then make a texture saying Lobby for 0 and Skydeck for 499 (keeping in mind that in Skyscraper, the ground floor is 0, contrary to common American usage).
You can change the emergency stop button to a red texture which can easily be done in Paint (all you need is a solid red square 128128 pixels). Or, you can find a suitable button in the wealth of content we have here.
For the door, I'm pretty sure you can flip it in the Load command, but I don't remember how, so you'll have to look in the Design Guide for that.
Check out our new forum Discord chat!

G1DP      Lumo Center (now a part of June's IP)      Content requests thread (CLOSED)

Any questions, comments, or concerns? Contact me via Discord (fastest), PM, or email.

Offline ccityplanner12

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 03:20:06 PM »
Your elevator should have the code
Code: [Select]
AddTextRange [lowest floor], [highest floor], xbutton, xbutton%number%, nimbus_sans.ttf, 45, %number%, 20, 0, 128, 128, center, center, xxx, xxx, xxxThis is what tells it to make the floor numbers numbers. To have custom floor numbers, make some code that says
AddText xbutton, xbutton[letter], nimbus_sans.ttf, 45, [what you want the floor's no. to be], 20, 0, 128, 128, center, center, xxx, xxx, xxxMake sure you do this for the lit equivalent button or the floor number will change when you push the button.
Later in the code, there should be a bit that says:
AddButton [COP no.], , xbutton[floor ID], xbuttonlit[floor ID], [n], [floor ID], [n], [n], [n]Change the 1st & 2nd bit that says the floor ID to the letter you entered previously. Leave the third floor ID, as this is what tells it which floor the button makes the lift go to, & so must be a number.

Offline gooper1

• The Otis Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 09:19:26 PM »
The first two don't belong with the elevators. They go in the <Textures> section
Check out our new forum Discord chat!

G1DP      Lumo Center (now a part of June's IP)      Content requests thread (CLOSED)

Any questions, comments, or concerns? Contact me via Discord (fastest), PM, or email.

Offline cat1554

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 05:43:25 PM »
ah. i see. (i have alpha 10 now) thanks!