Are you banned? Problems registering?

Are you banned, but don't think you did wrong? Are you having problems registering? Read this post first. If you still have questions, contact forum staff at staff (at) skyscrapersim (dot) com to get help.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Here are my first 4 YouTube videos, I just managed to sort the endscreen problem (By uploading these 4 videos. :P). 1 more may be published tonight if it uploads in time. The first two of these are tests to get the right settings for Fraps.

I said it was coming, and it's finally here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN7-ctgot4Mq27zj-rru3ZQ (If you could subscribe to help my channel grow it would mean a lot!)

The setup of my channel isn't quite done yet, but soon there will be stuff on the main page.

The videos on my channel will mostly be showcasing Skyscrapersim, but there will be other stuff. I can't get Fraps to record my browser just now ( :( ), but if that works, you may see some of my Scratch elevator simulators on my channel :). You may find a few videos of real-life elevators, although all the interesting elevators near me are in a shopping centre that doesn't allow photography :(. But I'll try and find as many that I can film as possible ;). There will also be some random other stuff as well. :P

I'll post each video as I upload it and get it shared, I'm most likely to upload in weekly or occasionally fortnightly blocks, Fraps requires an admin password to run >:(. I'll usually take recordings at weekends and upload them either the following weekend or during the week. Long story short, my general activity rate is uncertain but will hopefully develop once I get videos shared. :)

Anyway, please sub to my channel, like the videos and please give me feedback on how to improve my videos! It would help a great deal to improving my videos over time! ;D

- ZZ9 ;)
Elevator Discussion / Re: Have you ever been stuck in an elevator?
« Last post by ZZ9_Elevators on December 11, 2017, 10:20:17 AM »
They are considered to be the worst maintained elevators anywhere, especially because they are almost always so generic!
My school has 2 2nd gen EcoDiscs from 2007, while one of them is a little creaky, they both run fine and are generally very reliable. :)
Off Topic / Re: My Youtube Channel
« Last post by elevator1512 on December 10, 2017, 07:25:40 PM »
I have uploaded the elevator tour of the Zion Plaza Residence in Elevation City.
Elevator Discussion / Re: Have you ever been stuck in an elevator?
« Last post by elevator1512 on December 10, 2017, 07:25:04 PM »
Nope, only the stupid lift that is school.
They are considered to be the worst maintained elevators anywhere, especially because they are almost always so generic!
Support / Re: OS Support (Now Up-To-Date as of April 23, 2014)
« Last post by SHADYWOOD79 on December 09, 2017, 09:33:32 PM »
Is it really a bump if it's stickied?
Its a topic that hasnt been posted in for a year and a half.....so whatever term besides bump you want to use is fine. I don't recall saying it wasn't allowed or i was issuing a punishment, I simply asked if there was a reason for it (Note forum rules state you CAN bump stickied topics if needed, but i don't want it to become a habit especially with other topics). We have alot of newer members that also may not be aware about the issue of bumping topics in general.
Elevator Discussion / Re: Malware or Password in Lift controller system (Malaysia)
« Last post by cheapie on December 09, 2017, 03:31:50 PM »
I'm not an elevator technician, or a building owner/manager (I am an elevator enthusiast), but here is what I know. (I do not guarantee this information is accurate).
Same here, but here goes...

I have never heard of malicious software (a virus/trojan) running on an elevator controller, though it could be possible though it seems very very unlikely. Some elevators might partially run off of a computer running Windows (this may be more for diagnostics and not the actual logic, but not sure), though I don't know for sure if elevator controllers do run on a computer running Windows. I think some modern controllers might be connected to the internet which maybe could be a way to send a trojan though I have never heard of this being done. If the machine room isn't secured well it is possible someone could maybe update the firmware to be malicious though this also seems very very unlikely.
I *think* most controllers run "bare-metal" (no OS), but at least a handful do - examples include the GAL GALaxy series (DOS), as well as MCE's iControl system. The latter uses vxWorks on the "iBox" controllers and Windows on the "iView" (monitoring/diagnostics) and "iQue" (dispatcher) computers. Seeing as how Linux has become rather common on traffic light controllers (try buying something new that isn't a 2070 and doesn't run Linux, good luck), it wouldn't surprise me if it's taking off in the elevator world too.

I have heard that many controllers by most major elevator companies (some of the largest elevator companies are Otis, Kone, Schindler, ThyssenKrupp, Fujitec, Mitsubishi) are "proprietary". I have also heard that some elevator controllers (including some modern Kone controllers) are designed so it is difficult for other companies to work on them (though I haven't heard of the exact method this is done). I think some Otis controllers might require a special tool to plug into the controller and work on them, though I could be wrong.
AFAIK, ThyssenKrupp and Kone are kind of infamous for this. The small amount I've seen of TKE controllers shows them not having any onboard display at all, and requiring a special tool. Kone, meanwhile, does put a display and buttons on the controller, but many functions are locked out if it has not been serviced by Kone within a certain amount of time.
Support / Re: OS Support (Now Up-To-Date as of April 23, 2014)
« Last post by cheapie on December 09, 2017, 03:23:59 PM »
Was there really a reason to bump this old of a topic computerfan0??

Is it really a bump if it's stickied?
No, not a half distance
I think it should be two speed Alternating Current (AC/2) traction lift.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10